Hi there. I feel that this is the right time to talk about this topic. I have come to that stage of my life where I am comfortable with my skin and the skin products I use. I have had worse acne for a long time. I wasn’t a confident person. No matter how much happy my world was, I was still very insecure. It just comes naturally even when you stop feeling sad for yourself for some time, people around you can make you feel bad about your skin.
Don’t worry I feel you and the best thing I can tell you is “it too shall pass.” Today, I’ll be talking about how to get rid of the oily skin. Oily skin is the most difficult skin type to deal with but you know what make us lucky? The oil on our face is produced by our body and it helps in protecting skin from external factors such as pollution, toxins as well as helps in delaying premature ageing but what our body produces excess oil then and where all the problems start, especially in hot weather. Let’s see what best can we do for our skin and ways to get rid of oily skin.
Oily skin has overactive sebaceous glands and large pores that leaves you with shine and if your body produces excess oil (sebum) , it can lead to pimples and acne due to the blockage of bacteria in the pore. It’s better to take care of that in advance and figure out all the reasons that lead to excess oil production. Let’s talk about the causes of oily skin:
- Hormonal changes: During puberty, our body is growing through several hormonal changes. Sometimes there is an imbalance of hormones that has direct effect on your skin.
- Change in the temperature: It can be different for different people. In winters, your skin becomes really dry due to lack of moisture, as a result your body produces excess oil.
- Stress: I have experienced a lot of skin issues because of the stress. If you take too much stress for a long period of time, it triggers the stress hormone and can disturb the hormonal balance which can cause your body to produce more oil.
- Lack of nutrition: Diet plays a crucial role. If you are not eating the right food, it will show up on the skin.
- Heredity: It is one of the main reasons as well if you are suffering from oily skin.
- Medication: Sometimes excessive use of any medication can also lead to oily skin as a symptom.
- Over cleansing: Some people have this misconception that washing their face several times a day will clean their oily skin. It’s wrong. It can make your skin over dry and thus causing skin to produce excess of oil.
- Not removing makeup at night. Makeup is not bad but if you will leave it overnight, it can really clog your pores and you will wake up in the morning with the oily skin.
- Sugar: Sugar is the enemy.Do not take excess sugar in your diet, it can lead to the production of sebum.
- Using wrong products: If you are using a cleanser or a moisturiser, make sure it is suitable for your skin and it has all the ingredients that are meant for your skin.
Effective remedies to get rid of oily skin in just 7 days!
Oily skin is not a problem, it is a symptom of the problem. There are many remedies to get rid of the oily skin. Let’s have a look at these:
- Use a right cleanser: Your cleanser is way too harsh. Facial cleansers often have sodium sulfate or SLS. It’s the ingredient that makes bubbles and removes oil very well. Make sure you use a mild cleanser. I will specify below some of the products.Anything that strips your skin of its natural oils should be avoided at all cost. Your skin doesn’t know why the oil is gone; it just knows it needs more. The more you use a harsh cleanser, the more oil you will get by the end of the day.
- Wash your face with warm water: Use warm water for 2 weeks, twice a day. No cleanser, no soap, no moisturizer, no nothing, free y By the end of the second week your skin from the products. If you don’t dry it out in the morning, it wont get greasy in the afternoon. You will figure out that it was the cleanser that was doing it all along, not your skin. You skin was just trying to defend itself.
- Use a right moisturiser: Use a moisturiser that helps to calm your skin down, reducing its demand for more oil. It should contain ingredients that naturally protect against infections (like acne) and reduce inflammation (like pimples). Your skin should absorb it easily.
- Choose the right medication: Use the right kind of medication. Salicylic acid and Benzoyl peroxide are the two best over-the-counter medicines that can be both found in various acne washes. Choose the lowest concentration, not the highest, “max,” or “ultra.” Higher concentrations will cause you more irritation without any added benefit.
- Stop over-cleansing your face: It can cause drynes and it can make your skin to produce more oil.
- Stop using blotting sheets: Blotting papers will only cause breakouts and push and drag the day’s dirt, makeup and excess oil right back into your pores.
- Use tea tree oil: Mixing tea tree oil with your cleanser particularly if your skin is suffering from acne. Tea-tree oil is anti-inflammatory and has powerful antiseptic properties.
- Apply a clay-mask: Clay masks cleanse skin pores by removing the impurities and excess oil. Use it twice a week.
- Toner: Astringents are good for oily skin because they reduce pore size. Use a toner that contains astringent.
- Use a gel based sunscreen.
- Keep yourself hydrated: Drink lots of water. It keeps you hydrated and won’t make your skin to produce oils. It helps to produce healthier oils.
When experimenting with makeup to conceal the breakouts, do not cover your entire face in a blanket of full-coverage foundation. Stick or cream foundations and concealers are often trouble, so go for liquid ones instead. The best foundations for acne-prone skin that gives a good coverage are:
Concealers should provide medium to full coverage that builds easily. These are the liquid formulas that work especially well for breakouts and red marks. And, once set with powder, they won’t slide off or fade away as the day goes on!
You should never use a shiny, dewy, or liquid foundation as these can get oily very quickly.
Try a a salicylic acid wash before you apply your makeup and after you remove it. This will reduce the oil on your skin altogether. Mix a tiny bit of baby powder with your foundation. It sucks up oil like nothing.
These were the quick and effective remedies to get rid of oily skin in just 7 days.
Do not stress out and just take the right measures and take a proper balanced diet. Everything will work fine. I hope this information helps you.
Please leave a comment if you want to know anything and share the post if you found it useful.