Today we are talking about the most sensational and versatile celeb dress ” Little Black Dress” a.k.a LBD and how to accessorize a black dress. Some people think that Little Black Dress is a hype and it looks monotonous but that’s not true at all. In this post, we will discuss about how to make your LBD look glamorous and versatile. This dress is a must have in your wardrobe. It’s like a canvas where you can draw whatever you want and it reflects your personal style and says a lot about how creative you are.
The little black dress can easily be taken from day to evening, from casual to dressy, from classic to edgy. There are so many ways to accessorize a black dress. Different types of layer and outerwear such as cardigan, denim shirt, vest, jacket, blazer, or coat, can do all the work to create different looks for different occasions. Some people have a great confusion about the name and its purpose. It is called Little Black Dress as you know. The dress was not “little” in the sense of being revealing. It was little in the sense of being plain and cut very simply, without a lot of embellishing or extra flourishes and the cloth was not flashy or showy.The beauty of the little black dress is its versatility and today in this post, I’ll be talking about the quick ways to wear a lbd like a pro.
Why I love black?
- It’s ability to move from day to night.
- It’s ease of matching with everything.
- It’s ability to conceal the dirt. 😀
- I wear it more often than other colors.
- It looks expensive even when the dress is not.
- It looks slimming, hides tailoring imperfections.
- It is easily available.
Wondering what can be done to make it look sexy? Here are the unique and quick ways to wear a lbd like a pro, let’s talk about them.
How to accessorize a black dress:
- Statement necklace: This has to be on top and my go to style when you are in a hurry and you want to look like a diva. This works the best. Just put on your favorite necklace. Go for unique , neon with a pop of color to give an oomph to your outfit. LBD is very plain but looks extremely elegant.
- Bold lip: You should go for bold lips. Nothing is more sexy than a girl wearing the lbd with red bold lips. Damn hot ain’t it?
- Red heels: It just pops out and looks really elegant and hot.
- Statement belt: If you are not happy with the fit, you can always go for a skinny gold or silver belt. You can also go for neon colors to add the pop.
- Tube LBD : This style looks quite hot, if you have those sexy collar bones and you want to accentuate them, you can wear a statement necklace with that tube dress.
- Classic pearls : You can also opt for such alternatives as the range of natural jewels like turquoise, agate, and moonstone.
- Lace LBD:Go for a lace fabric. It makes a dress look elegant and sophisticated.
- Plaid shirts and combat shoes: It gives you a cool playful, casual look and looks super trendy.
- Spikey jewelry looks very stylish and funky.
- Sweater and over the knee boots: You can rock the LBD in winters as well. Over the knee boots add a bit of sophistication to your outfit.
- Oversize sweater: It looks damn cute. You can go for neon colors.
- Converse Sneakers: These are super trendy this year. You can wear it with your dresses and it gives you an effortless look.
- Nude heels will make the dress look quite elegant. Nude heels are a must have. They go with almost every dress.
- Long Black Maxi: If you have a long black maxi dress, you can make it short by using an elastic belt.
- Statement blazer: You can wear LBDs in the office as well. Pair your little black dress with the tailored blazers, these look super classy.
- Leather jacket: Pair your LBD with a leather jacket and take it to the next level of classiness.
- Statement clutch: This itself is a statement jewelry. Opt for blings, bold colors, neon colors to add a pop to your outfit.
- Bodycon: Wear black in a fit that follows your body lines and gives you some structure. Loose, ill-fitting clothing in black often ends up looking drab and that is what you don’t want at all.
- Boho look: If you want to opt for a boho look, you can go for kimono and gladiator sandals.
- Winter look: You can wear bomber jackets, beanies, trench coats, cardigans, boots with you little black dress. It goes well with everything.
- Hairstyle: The coolest thing about LBD is that you don’t have to think much about a hairstyle. You can go for a classic hairdo, loose curls and you can look absolutely gorgeous in pin straight center partition hair as well.
These were some tips on how to accessorize a black dress.
You don’t have to put much effort into your look but you have to take care of few things as well. Overdoing the things can spoil the whole look. Keep it minimal and sexy.
Here are some do’s and don’ts of how to accessorize a black dress.
- Transparent fabric: It’s a big no girls. I don’t have to go in details I guess you know what I mean.
- Everything blingy: Bling is sexy but overdoing it can make you look like a clown.
- Leg warmers: Again this is a huge no because it looks really bad and confusing.
- Cleavage: It’s completely okay to show some cleavage but that should be unintentional and appropriate according to the place.
- Everything so loud: LBD is known for it’s elegance and minimal look. Maintain that grace.
- Don’t over-accessorize: You need to keep one statement accessory and stop trying all of them at once.
- Bad fit: The fit of the dress is everything since it is so plain, the imperfections will stick out more if the dress is too tight or too loose, so take caution and only buy and wear things that will fit you because fit is everything.
- Don’t wear heels that are too high and gives you discomfort.
- Balance out things: Do remember to keep everything in balance. You should definitely experiment with different looks but use one thing at a time.
Please share and subscribe if you found the tips useful and I shall see you again with another new article like this.
More from Just Being Fab:
- Is keratin treatment good for hair?
- How to do makeup at home?
- Best makeup brands in INDIA you can’t miss!