There is no perfect time to start living the life you want to live.
Find three hobbies you love:
- One to make you money.
- One to keep you in shape.
- One to be creative.
The first time I went to the gym, I was doing too much, too soon. You know that enthusiasm when you first start your workout regimen but being too over excited about your workout goals can leave you physically drained and mentally tired which makes it more difficult to stick to that routine. I could not figure out why I use to give up later on. Where did I lack?
I realised so many things that I was doing wrong. By bringing these changes in my life, I noticed a great change. I assure you that these things will really help you as well. Let’s start it.
- Find your motivation: I do exercise because I personally want to. Value your health.
- Choose progress over perfection: You don’t always have to know what you are going to achieve. Instead, focus on what you are already doing. This will reduce your anxiety and gives the energy to keep moving forward.
- Don’t drop out if your ideas don’t meet your expectations. We don’t have to be killer at everything we do. Appreciate your mistakes.
- It’s a slow process, but quitting won’t speed it up: Remember why you started in the first place! That feeling when you like the oh-so-pretty dress, but it doesn’t fit you well. How bad you feel that you have to miss it.
- Be consistent: Tell yourself time and again that how important your health is and how rewarding a great body and health will be for the coming years of your life.
- Your body demands rest: We all have different body needs. Don’t ignore them. I never use to take a break and as a result, I started feeling weaker and skipped many days because I got over-committed and over excited. Later, I use to go to the gym for 4-5 days a week. You can also go on alternate days.
- Make a promise to self that you will do something everyday than nothing.
- Set realistic goals: Your goals are for a long period of time and not just for a week. Be really honest with yourself, After all, it’s your body. If you are not going to take care of it then who will?
- Think how much stronger you are getting.
- Make notes of how you feel after every workout. This way on days when you feel not-so-motivated, you can read these and know how great you feel about it.
- A good outfit is sometimes the best motivation when you just can’t seem to get your head in it.
While I was writing this post, I myself got so motivated. This has truly inspired me and I really hope it inspires you as well.
So what is stopping you ladies? Get set go!!