I love healthy food so I always look out for the ways to make a healthy food item that tastes good as well. I have come up with one such healthy recipe. It is bread uttapam. It is perfect for a morning breakfast and also serves as a great snack for the evening. Super easy and super quick to prepare. Let’s start it!
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Cuisine: South Indian snack
5 slices of bread ( white or brown)
One cup semolina ( suji)
1/2 cup water
Finely chopped onions
Finely chopped capsicum
Kasoori Methi (optional)
Let’s prepare the batter. Cut the edges of the bread.
- Add the bread slices, one cup semolina and half a cup of water in a blender. Start blending.
- Put all the mixture in a bowl. Add a pinch of salt according to your taste.
- Add fenugreek leaves (kasoori methi)
- Add the chopped onions, beans and capsicum.
- Mix it well.
- Make sure the batter is neither too watery and nor too thick.
- Put the pan on a medium flame.
- Add one tablespoon of oil and spread it on all the sides.
- Now take the batter and place it on all the sides in a round shape.
- Cook it from both the sides till it gets golden brown.
- Serve hot. Ain’t that such an easy recipe? Do try it at home.
Happy cooking 🙂