What do we count on when we talk about how beautiful the so and so person is? I always get attracted towards beautiful hair and skin. It takes a lot of care to maintain them. I notice a lot of women saying that they are suffering from hair fall and have absolutely no idea what went wrong. I face hair fall almost after every 6 months and I do not panic because I know that I must have been careless with my diet and hair care routine and it’s the time to pay extra attention to them. So before I tell you those secret instant home remedies for dandruff and hair fall , let’s first know the root cause behind your problem!
Do you know these amazing facts about the hair?
- Hair grows faster in the summer, during sleep
- Hair grows more between the ages of 16 and 24.
- Between the ages of 40 and 50 women tend to lose about 20 percent of their hair.
- Healthy hair is highly elastic and can stretch upto 20 or 30%
- A human hair is stronger than copper wire of the same thickness.
- Hair has a natural cycle.
There can be so many reasons of hair fall. So I want you to figure out the causes and what are you missing in your nutrition that is causing the excess hair fall. Your half of the problem will be solved if you could figure that reason.
So before we talk about the instant home remedies for dandruff and hair fall , let’s look at the root causes of hair fall.
- Stress: I have personally faced this problem as well in the past. Stress leads to hair fall. It also depends on the level of stress you are taking. If it’s a day day office stress, it won’t make you loose your hair but if it is continuous and high level stress then it can have a bad effect on your hormones and you will face excessive hair fall.
- Iron deficiency: This can be the reason why your loosing hair. The symptoms are headache, leg pain, tiredness, pale skin etc. If you see all these symptoms, contact the doctor.
- Vitamin A: Excess of everything is bad. Over dose of vitamin A can also lead to hair fall because it is a fat-soluble vitamin.
- Lack of protein: Hair loss is the symptom of lack of protein in your body. It is not stored in body so it becomes really important to include proteins in your diet. I have faced hair thinning and hair fall because of lack of protein in my diet. Your hair is made of protein called keratin.
- Weight loss: When you are on a diet because you want to loose weight, you are not taking the required nutrients that are responsible for healthy hair. You will face hair fall.
- DHT hormone: High sugar levels can lead to more insulin production and produces more DHT hormone that destroys the hair follicles and leads to hair fall.
- Chemical treatments: If you are doing so many chemical treatments in just one year then you are prone to frizzy, damaged, dull and lifeless hair. It also leads to split ends and can cause hair fall.
- Pollution: There has been a rapid increase in the pollution. If you are a working person, you are exposed to this pollution everyday. It can have a bad effect not just on your skin but on your hair as well. The polluted gasses cause the hair to become brittle and weak and which in turns lead to hair fall.
- Cosmetic products: If you are going to hair salons, your hair dresser uses gels, sprays and other different hair stuff to style your hair. Sometimes these products contain certain chemicals that causes allergy and you can face hair fall later.
- Climate change: Some people are allergic to dry humid climate conditions and it can make their hair frizzy and difficult to manage that can lead to hair fall as well.
- Chlorinated water: Chlorine is added in water to kill the germs but it is not absorbed in water and hence if you are exposed to chlorinated water, you will definitely experience hair fall.
- Vitamin B deficiency: This vitamin helps in maintaining cell growth and increase your stamina. Lack of vitamin B can lead to many problems and that in turn can lead to hair fall. Take foods that are high in vitamin B or you can also take Biotin that will help you thicken your hair and fulfill your requirements.
- Smoking and Alcohol: Hair growth occurs due to proper blood circulation. Smoking prevents blood circulation and production of hormones that helps to grow hair. It damages the hair follicle. Drinking alcohol daily can cause dehydration in your body and that also can lead to hair fall and various other problems.
- Less water consumption: When you don’t drink enough water, you can face hair problems. Water helps to eliminate toxins and that is essential for the healthy hair.
- Poor Nutrition: Poor nutrition can lead to excessive hair fall. You need different nutrients to feed your hair so don’t devoid your hair of these nutrients. A poor diet is often the reason of hair fall.
- Illness, medication: Some medicines contain steroids and can lead to hair fall so if you have been taking certain kind of medication for long time, you may face hair fall as side effects.
- Hereditary:Hair grows in cycles and each growth cycle occurs due to a change in hormones, the hair follicle shrinks and the growth cycle is shortened. Each hair growth cycle produces a shorter, finer, much less visible hair and in time, follicles tend to get weaker which can lead to hair fall.
- Ageing: Due to ageing, follicles make less melanin and that causes greying and in some conditions hair loss as well.
- Pregnancy: Sometimes due to mineral and vitamin deficiency, a pregnant woman can loose hair but it becomes normal after few months.
- Thyroid issues: You might be suffering from under active or overactive thyroid. Please consult your doctor if you face excess hair fall.
There are some instant home remedies for dandruff that can help you a lot to stop hair fall. Let’s have a look:
- Hot oil massage: Give a hot oil massage to your hair once a week after you take a head bath. It will promote blood circulation and open the pores.
Check out these amazing products for hair fall.
- Aloe Vera: It has anti-fungal properties which keep the dandruff at bay and gives moisture to your hair and maintains the pH level.
- Vitamins and herbal supplements: Hair fall occurs due to poor diet as well. Sometimes the nutrition is not enough and it leads to deficiency of vitamins. You can take extra supplements if you are not taking proper diet.
You should take the following vitamins:
Vitamin A: It is an antioxidant, which promotes healthy production of sebum in the scalp.
Vitamin E: It helps to keep your hair follicles productive and stimulates blood circulation.
Vitamin B: It stimulates blood circulation and helps to produce melanin.
- Egg mask: Hair is made of protein. You should take protein in your diet and use the protein treatments. You can apply egg mask( yolk) on your hair and keep it for one hour and then rinse your hair. Do not keep it for more than an hour.
- Garlic: When you use an oil for head massage, add some garlic cloves in the oil and warm it. Then do massage with this oil. You can also take some cloves with water everyday in early morning.
- Herbs: You can use the following herbs to stop the hair fall.
Rosemary, Peppermint, Aloe Vera, Lavender, neem leaves, curry leaves,lemon grass.
- Onion juice: You can extract the juice of onion and apply the drops on your scalp and keep it for 30 minutes. Wash it with a mild shampoo.
- Amla juice: Apply amla juice on scalp. It will make your hair strands stronger. You can also drink amla juice in the morning.
- Curd and fenugreek powder paste: Apply this paste for 45 minutes in your hair and then rinse it with cold water.
- Vitamin E: Vitamin E has antioxidants and helps to repair the damaged follicles and making it healthy.
- Curry leaves and coconut oil. Take some curry leaves and add them in the oil and warm the oil. This has been proven to be the best remedy for hair loss.
- Potato juice: Apply the juice of potato on your scalp and leave it for 30 minutes and rinse it with cold water.
- Castor oil has essential nutrients that gives strength to your hair. This oil is on heavier side so you can mix it with some other oil like coconut oil, almond oil etc.
- Lemon and curd paste: If you have dandruff in your hair, it can lead to hair fall. Apply the paste of curd and few drops of honey and lemon on your scalp and keep it for 30 minutes and rinse your hair with cold water.
- Consume flax seeds powder: It has essential omega fatty acids that provides you with essential nutrients and you can also apply flax seed oil on your hair which can help you to cure the hair fall.
- Green tea: Green tea helps to reduce dandruff. Prepare a green tea and let it cool down and wash your hair with it. Keep it for 20 minutes and rinse it with cold water.
- Coconut milk: It has antibacterial and anti fungal properties that can help to stop the hair loss.
- Licorice root It helps in stimulating hair growth. It opens pores and is great for your scalp and keeps it healthy.
- Chinese hibiscus flower helps in increasing hair growth and prevents hair greying as well. Most of the hair products contain this herb.
- Mustard oil contains fatty acids and helps in maintaining the healthy scalp.
- Beetroot juice: If you are facing a lot of hair fall due to stress. Drinking beetroot juice will really help you to cure hair fall.
- Avoid heat tools: If you are using the heat tools frequently, that can be a reason for the hair fall as well. Stop using those tools.
- Fish oils: It contains omega fatty acids that helps to build cells and increase the growth of hair follicles.
- Sunflower seeds: If you are a vegetarian, you can eat sunflower seeds. It also contains essential fatty acids that promotes hair growth.
- Use a wooden comb: If you have dandruff in your hair, you must be suffering from a dry scalp. Wooden comb helps in stimulating the natural oils and avoids the scalp from getting dry.
- Wash your comb every week to avoid germs.
- Use your personal pillow always.
- Use your personal comb.
- Black seed oil also helps to prevent hair loss.
- MSM : MSM is an organic sulfur compound, which is found naturally in many foods and can help produce keratin and strengthen the hair follicles.
- Saw Palmetto: This herb can increase the hair growth and it has anti-DHT properties.
- Protein rich diet: You should take protein rich diet like fish, lean meats, soy, beans, eggs etc.
These were the instant home remedies for dandruff and hair fall that are 100% natural.
Go try it out because these are tried and tested and see the difference.
Good luck, stay calm and stay stress free. 🙂
Read more on how to get beautiful, long and healthy hair.
- Hair care routine and tips for beautiful hair
- Is keratin treatment good for hair?
- Top 15 hair hacks
- 25 best long hair tips to grow your hair faster.
- Best homemade hair mask for damaged hair
- Most popular hair color trends
- Instant home remedies for hairfall and dandruff