Hey girls! One of my reader has requested me to suggest her some effective home remedies for dark spots on face so I thought I should do it for all of you. This is a very common problem and with the help of some home remedies, you will be able to get rid of these stubborn dark spots. First things first, you should know what are dark spots and may be then we should go ahead with the remedies. Let’s talk about dark spots.
What are dark spots?
Dark spots are caused due to damage to the skin so when the skin is damaged, there is something called melanocyte. It produces excess dark pigment called melanin which then transfers to the top layer of the skin and appears as the dark spot.
Where does it occur: It can occur anywhere. It generally happens on the shoulders or the back of the legs where there is no SPF applied. It also occurs on the face as well. It’s always good to find the root causes before finding the solution to the problem. Let’s discuss the causes.
What causes dark spots on face?
- Over exposure to sun: Sun rays ( UVA and UVB) increases the production of melanin and that leads to unevenly distribution of dark spots. Exposure to sun for a long period of times causes dark spots
- Persistent acne: Dark spots occur when you are suffering from persistent acne. When you pop a pimple, it leaves a scar and that scar turns it into a spot.
- Pollution and dirt: If you stay outside most of the time, your face comes in contact with the pollution and dirt and can clog your pores resulting into blackheads and pimples.
- Hormonal imbalance: Irregularity in the menstrual cycle can cause hormonal imbalance and that leads to pimples and dark spots.
- Stress: If you stay highly stressed all the time or if you are suffering from depression or any other kind of stress related disease, it can lead to dark spots on your face.
- Medication and pregnancy: If you are taking contraceptive pills or you are pregnant, you can get dark spots.
- Lack of Vitamins: Lack of proper diet and deficiency of vitamins can lead to dark spots.
- Lack of sleep: Not taking proper intake of sleep can cause spots on your face.
- Thyroid disease: If you are suffering from thyroid, you can get dark spots as well.
These were the main causes of dark spots. Prevention is better than cure. If you are not suffering from the dark spots but you are here for knowledge about this subject, you must take care of all these factors in order to avoid those stubborn spots. Now let’s talk about the solutions.
Effective home remedies for dark spots on face:
- Apple cider vinegar and rose water: ACV is rich in Vitamin A,E,C and antioxidants that fades away the stubborn dark spots. Take 1 tbsp of ACV and 3 tbsp of rose water. Apply this mixture with the help of cotton ball and let it dry. Wash your face with the cold water.
- Sandalwood and lemon paste : Sandalwood would give you cooling effect and lemon is rich in Vitamin C and that will help you to fade away the spots. Lemon can be harsh on your skin so if you are suffering from sensitive skin, add few drops of water in the paste and apple this paste for 30 minutes and rinse it off with cold water.
- Potato juice: Potatoes helps in lightening the dark spots, Rub a slice of potato on the spots or you can apply the juice as well. Leave it overnight and wash it next morning. You can use this every alternate day.
- Onion juice: Onions contain sulphur. Onion juice is not only good for your hair but also for your skin. Rub a slice of onion on the dark spot or it’s more effective to apply onion juice on the black spots and leave it for 2 hours and then wash your face with cold water.
- Tomato juice: I always applied tomato juice on my pimples and to shrink the pores. Tomatoes are highly effective and helps to clear the impurities and helps to clear the skin. You can either apply the juice on the dark spots or you can directly rub the spots with the slices three to four times in a day.
- Aloe vera gel: I swear by this home remedy. I use aloe vera gel as my moisturizer and I have seen much improvement on my skin. The gel helps to fade the scars and the spots. It also has soothing properties and keeps your skin moisturized.
- Sunscreen: I have been very careless with my skin care routine by missing on sunscreen. As I mentioned before sun rays are very harmful and can cause dark spots. Sunscreen helps your skin by protecting it from the harmful UV rays. Buy a sunscreen that has SPF 15 and PA++ . It keeps your skin well protected.
These were some highly effective home remedies for dark spots on face.
You need to first know what are these and what are the main causes of dark spots. You shouldn’t try each and every home remedy. Stick to the one that goes well with your skin and the ingredients should not irritate your skin. You can not have a glowing clear skin if you eat poor diet and just work on the outside factors. You need to take care of yourself inside out and only then can you get the clear spot free skin. Follow these home remedies for at least 3 weeks to see the desired results. Make sure that you visit your dermatologist once to figure out the cause. Keep yourself hydrated in these summers and stay away from the processed food. Basic things and you will soon see a good change in your skin.
Let me know in the comments if you want me to write an article on something particular. I am all ears.
Take care beautiful!
Read more :