Hi there. Welcome to my home. Today I’ll be talking about the best home remedies for glowing skin. No one likes to have pimples, zits, dark spots, baggy eyes or dark circles. We all have different skin types. Oily skin suffers from excess oil production and shine and dry skin lacks moisture. Some people have normal skin and then there are people with combination skin who face the problems of both dry skin and oily skin. There are various types of facial masks made with natural ingredients and quick home remedies to get glowing skin naturally that will help in providing natural glow to the skin but it’s very important to know the root cause.
Why does our skin become dull. Figure out those things that are making your skin look dull and avoid those habits. Half of the problem will be solved. The market is filled with products and I am sure there are many good products out there but wouldn’t that be so good if we can get glowing skin at home by using some home remedies. Just make some changes in your day to day life and do some effective home remedies for glowing skin . It will make a huge difference.
Causes of dull skin
- Dirt : Pollution leads to dirt that deposits in the pores. If you are a working woman then you must have realized that how pollution effects your skin. It leas to dullness and clogs your pores.
- Long working hours: Your skin becomes really dull when you are working in the night shift an for long hours. Due to lack of rest, you will soon start noticing the dullness.
- Stress: When your body and mind is stressed, it shows on your skin because the hormones get unbalanced.
- Improper cleansing method: We often have this habit of controlling our pee for long. It is really bad for our system and skin. You should go to the loo as soon as you feel the pressure.
- Dehydrated skin: When you keep your body dehydrate, it makes your skin look dull. You need to drink 8 glasses of water to get the glowing skin.
- Smoking: This is one of the main reason of having a dull looking skin. Smoking is really ba for your skin an the hormones.
- Alcohol: Consuming alcohol every other day can lead to breakouts and your skin will react badly to it.
- Using wrong skin products: You should not try everything on your skin. If you are having sensitive and oily skin, you shouldn’t buy a moisturizer that is meant for the dry skin type. It will clog your pores and will feel heavier on the skin.
- Taking hot showers for a long time: Taking hot shower for long will dehyrate your skin and suck all tyhe moisture from your skin , leaving it dull.
- Hormonal issues: Sometimes your hormones can give you the tough time. It can be the imbalance of the hormones as well.
- Illness: Long term illness like typhoid etc can make you weak. Taking medicines can make your skin dry and though the effects are temporary but one should take enough liquid to fasten the process of recovery.
- Improper diet: Taking wrong diet can badly effect your skin. Oily foods, dairy products, sugar increases the insulin level and disturbs the hormonal level and thus creating a trouble for your skin.
- Sitting in A.C for long hours. Sitting in AC for long hours can suck all the moisture from your skin making it look really dull and pale. Avoid sitting in front of AC for too long .
These are the causes of a dull skin. You need to check for yourself if you are doing something wrong and try to follow a proper skin regimen. Take care of your skin everyday. It demands only 10 minutes out of those 24 hours you have! Be patient, be gentle and pamper it.
Home remedies for glowing skin.
It’s not just a saying but it actually does. People do not trust the home remedies, they think that it’s just a myth. Well, it’s a lot better to use natural products on your skin then to use products of which you are totally unsure.
- Honey and egg-white mask: Honey has antibacterial properties and egg whites contain collagen and protein, that helps in fine lines and wrinkles. The proteins that are contained in an egg white mask help the skin improve and maintain its elasticity, which is really important for it when it comes to reducing the appearance of wrinkles.
- Almonds: The homemade face mask of almonds can do wonders with the color of your skin. In the morning soak 3 or four almonds in the milk. At night mash these almonds in the milk. Mash it to form very fine paste. Apply to the face. Leave for whole night. In the morning wash face with cold water. With this face mask your skin becomes lighter as well as glowing. It also leaves your skin smooth and silky.
- Banana and honey mask: Bananas are a rich source of fiber, minerals, magnesium and potassium. Honey adds to the glow.
- Curd and gram flour( besan): This one is mom’s favorite. She is doing it since she was a kid. I have a oily skin and besan can remove the excess oil and curd will balance it out by giving the moisture back to your skin. Curd also helps to fade the blemish marks.
- Honey and lemon mask: Lemon is known to lighten the skin. It helps in removing the tan,dirt and blemishes. Sometimes your skin gets dull due to tanning and you might think that you are getting dark. Well use this remedy and notice the difference. If you have have dry skin, you should not consider this.
- Honey and milk powder: If you have dry skin, your skin lacks moisture. This remedy is perfect for your skin type.
- Orange pulp: Apply the pulp of orange on your face. They are high in vitamin c and helps to remove the tan. It has anti ageing qualities as well.
- Citrus fruits: If you have oily skin, you can stop the excess oil production by using citrus fruits like tomato, orange, lemon etc.
- Papaya, banana: If you have dry skin, you would want to nourish and provide moisture the skin, apply the pulp of papaya and banana.
- Papaya and honey: This mask works amazing for an instant glow on your face.
- Take good fats: Natural oils keep our skin smooth, soft and young. You can include olive oil in your diet and omega fatty acids.
- Exfoliate: Exfoliate your dead skin. You can’t moisturise the dead skin, right? Just take it off. Make your own home made scrub. If you have oily skin, make a scrub of sugar, honey and lemon. If you have dry skin, make a scrub using sugar, lemon and coconut oil to keep your skin nourished.
- Use a serum that has blackberries as a main ingredient: It protects the skin from the sun and increase your skin cells.
You need to take care of what you are taking inside. It’s plays a crucial role. What you take inside will reflect on your outside. There are many foods and vegetables that can help to keep your skin younger, glowing and supple. Let’s have a look:
- Carrots: Carrots have beta carotene which saves you from harmful sun rays.
- Pumpkin/Sunflower seeds: These are high in omega 3 acids and helps in building collagen. Collagen helps to tighten your skin and it helps to give you a younger looking skin.
- Coconut water: Keep your body hydrated. Replace your sodas with this healthy drink.
- Papayas: Eat fruits that has antioxidants like papaya. If you are suffering from wrinkles, this is the fruit you need to include in your diet.
- Eat a piece of dark chocolate after your meals: It is full of antioxidants and helps to fight ageing.
- Eat citrus fruits like lemons, oranges, tomatoes, grapes: Eat fruits that are high in Vitamin C.They help in fighting wrinkles and build the collagen.
- Include Cucumber in your diet: It clears your skin and improves the texture of your skin.
- Include garlic in your diet. It really helped me to get rid of acne because of it’s antibacterial properties.
- Beetroot juice: Include a glass of beetroot juice in your diet. It acts as a blood purifier and removes toxins from your body and leaves you with clear, glowing skin.
- Eat tomatoes Tomatoes build collagen. Collagen helps to keep your skin tight and firm.
- Eat almonds: Almonds are high in Vitamin E. You will notice this vitamin in almost every skin product. Almonds are full of antioxidants and it keeps your skin soft and supple.
- Broccoli contains selenium that helps to prevent cancer. It is full of antioxidants and vitamin C that maintains the complexion of your skin.
These were the quick home remedies to get glowing skin naturally.
When you will make a habit of taking care of your skin in your early 20’s, it is going to pay in the late years. It’s all about a good routine and a really good diet. If you will follow these remedies, you will definitely see a glow on your face.
Stay beautiful. 🙂