Hey people. Today we are talking about how to get rid of dark circles. Dark circles are really stubborn and mostly because of genetics. You can get the best makeup products to enhance the beauty of your face but it’s really hard to ignore the dark circles under your eyes. The aging process can also trigger the dark circles.
What are dark circles?
As time passes by, the production of collagen in the skin is reduced which leads to a change in the skin’s color. There are various factors responsible for dark circles. It’s not quite easy to get rid of them and it does take some time but there are some really effective home remedies to get rid of the dark circles. There are creams available to get rid of the dark circles but the process is too long and the creams are quite expensive. Some of them show the results in just a few weeks but some of them are just good for nothing.
In this post, I’ll be talking about the following things:
- What are dark circles?
- What cause dark circles?
- How to get rid of dark circles through effective home remedies.
What causes dark circles?
The dark circles are caused by “inflammation”- the inflammation of excess retained fluid pooled around the eyes. Why does fluid pool around the eyes when tired? Because when tired, circulation is poor, and so fluid is not removed as efficiently as when well-rested. The excess fluid- which includes “dead” cells of lymph and blood- in an area which has very thin skin. The result? Dark-appearing circles under- and sometimes around- the eyes. With time and sleep, they do empty out on their own, but with repeated swelling, the skin above the lymph gland gets stretched out and tired.
There are many factors that cause these dark circles like the environment, seasonal allergies, lack of sleep, anemia, vitamin deficiency, sun exposure, pollution, and dehydration etc can be responsible for the emergence of dark circles.
How to get rid of dark circles in just 7 days! Take a challenge.
- Reduce the caffeine intake: You know the downside of taking caffeine. It can cause dehydration in the body and retains the water leaving your skin puffy. If you are addicted to tea or coffee and it’s difficult to get rid of them, you can limit its usage but if you want the results sooner then please avoid the caffeine and have green tea instead. Some people are addicted to green tea as well and it’s really good for health because it contains antioxidants. It’s all about addiction. Once you start doing it, the process will get easier.
- Reduce salt intake: Salt also absorbs water from the body. Avoid excess intake. Excess quantity of sodium is not good for your body. You should take it in a very less quantity. Excess of everything is bad. If you are addicted to salty foods, you should drink more water throughout the day to balance it out.
- Tomato juice:
Mix one teaspoon of tomato juice with a one-half teaspoon of lemon. Apply this mixture with the help of cotton on your under eye bags. Leave it on for about 10 minutes and rinse it. Do this once daily for a few weeks, it will definitely work and do not use lemon if you have very sensitive eyes.
- Remove your eye makeup: If you use kohl, eyeliner or mascara or any other eye make-up, remove it before going to sleep. Anything that irritates eyes can leave them watery and puffy.
- Raw potato juice: You can also use raw potato juice with a one-half teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Rose water: Soak a cotton ball in pure rose water for few minutes and put it on your closed eyelids. Let it rest for 15 minutes. You can use it daily because rose water is very mild and won’t irritate your eyes.
- Almond oil:
Before going to bed, you can apply a little almond oil over dark circles and do massage it and leave it for overnight. Almond oil is really good for lightening the skin and the skin under your eye area is stubborn so you need to do something extra to get rid of the dark circles.
- Stay hydrated: Keep yourself hydrated. Drink lots of water because dehydration leads to sagging and thinning of the skin.
- Use a great eye cream: There are various eye creams available to get rid of the dark circles but only a few are effective. Do your research. It’s good to follow a skin care regimen everyday especially when you remain busy.
- Coconut oil: Warm coconut oil and massage it on the affected part before going to bed. Coconut oil is also good for the under eye area. It does not feel heavy on the skin. It’s good to provide moisture to the under eye area.
- Aloe vera gel: Use pure aloe vera gel under the eyes. It calms down the irritated skin really well and by far it’s also the best moisturizer for under eye area.
- Avoid rubbing your eyes too much or too often as it can cause irritation to blood vessels thus making the under eye circles appear darker.
- Good diet: Pay attention to your diet and eat foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E. You need to have a bowl of fresh fruits every day. Avoid unhealthy foods because what you take inside has a great impact on how you look outside. If you stay the busy whole day, you can buy the multivitamins as prescribed by your doctor.
- Sleep for 8 hours. Sound sleep is very important. Don’t strain your eyes. If you are using the electronic gadget for a very long time, your eyes will tend to become dry and it is one of the biggest reason why you are struggling with the dark circles.
- Use cucumber slices: Wash the cucumber in regular water to make it free from the germs. Cut the chilled cucumber in the round shape slices. Keep it on both the eyes. Close your eyes. Keep it for 15 minutes.
- Wash your eyes with cold water: There’s a reason mothers always advise their children to rinse their eyes with cold water when they’re sore. It not only rejuvenates skin and reduces dark circles but also has a soothing effect on tired eyes.
- Peppermint Leaves: Crush some peppermint leaves and put them on the under eye skin. It is quite an effective remedy.
- Avoid fancy eye creams: Don’t spend lots of money on some fancy skin care products that promise to eliminate all the damage. Most of them contain ingredients to bleach under-eye area skin; yes, it lessens the coloration issue, but at what cost? Bleach, on your skin!?
- Use a cool damp washcloth: Every evening before bed, take a cool damp washcloth and drape it over your eyes for 15 minutes.
- Avoid stress: Depending on your age, you may also see an improvement in the elasticity of your eye area skin as you eliminate the stresses in your life.
- Use Cold tea bags of spoons and iced water: The puffiness of the eyes can be reduced with the help of a glass of ice water and four stainless steel spoons. Chill the spoons in the water and then place one over each eye. Keep switching the spoons while letting the other one chill in the glass of water. Keep switching until you see improvement.
- Visit a doctor: If your circles don’t respond to any of the things mentioned in the answers, you should consult a doctor to test you for allergies.
- Stop smoking:
Smoking will increase the signs of aging. The eye area is quite sensitive and hence more vulnerable.
- Apply sunscreen:
Avoid exposure to UV rays. It will weaken the collagen and cause premature wrinkling and sagging.
- Night time routine: Apply a nice eye moisturizer or an eye cream. Follow a proper skin care regimen for your eyes as well. Eyes are the first thing, people notice about you so taking care of your eyes is worth it and will pay you in the later years.
- Retinoic acid cream: This is a vitamin A cream and is used to prevent wrinkles and improve existing lines.
- Honey and milk powder paste: Milk powder and honey paste work effectively to get rid of the dark circles if applied regularly.
- Avoid dairy If you are lactose intolerant, some people have seen drastic results when they left dairy. Try it for a week and see the difference.
- Avocado: You can use avocado as well, mash it up the inside part until it turns creamy and apply on the area under eyes and let it dry. Wash it away and apply a good moisturizer just after that.
- Cold milk: Using cold milk can help you to get rid of dark circles and also soothes your eyes and skin. Take a cotton ball and place it in a bowl of cold milk or iced water for a while. Keep it on for about 15 minutes and then wash it with regular water.
- Yoga/meditation: Stress and depression can be a great contributor to recurring dark under eyes. Meditation helps you to clean your mind so that you can get better consistent sleep and less dark circles.
- Avoid Over-sleeping: Yes it is also the reason behind those stubborn dark circles. You need to opt for a healthy lifestyle.
- Limit the time you spend on electronic things: Working on a laptop for long continuous hours can literally make the situation worse. I know you must be having a hectic schedule but you can take frequent breaks in between.
These were some really effective tips on how to get rid of dark circles naturally in just 7 days.
There are other quick procedures as well but I would suggest you try these remedies first and then go for other options. It is a slow and effective process and it’s very natural and safe too.
If you have some other issues or you want me to write on a “particular” topic, please feel free to comment and if you found this post useful. Share and subscribe! 🙂
If you want glowing and clear skin and are looking for the quick and effective remedies, you should check out these articles as well.