Winters are romantic and you feel the light all around. We also become quite lazy. I put on weight so easily but what was troubling me a lot in the past few days was my skin. I knew that I will be facing this issue in the winters. I was dealing with breakouts and redness. It happens because of the change in the climate. The texture of your skin changes accordingly. The first thing you have to remember is not to panic. The changes are quite obvious and the best you can do at this point of time is to change your skin care routine. You don’t have to go fancy about it but just follow a regimen and you will soon see a drastic change in your skin. In this post, I am going to tell you what all I have been doing in the last weeks and the 30 best winter skincare tips for a bright and glowing skin. This really worked for me and there will be at least something for all of you. Let’s talk about these brilliant WINTER BEAUTY TIPS in detail.
Winter beauty tips for a bright and glowing skin!
- Use hot steam to open your pores: Take 500ml of water and boil it and then put neem leaves in that. Boil it again for sometime and then take a steam. It’s good for all the skin types. You can also add green tea and lemon instead of neem leaves. It opens up your pores and clean them so that if there is any makeup residue or some dirt is left, it will remove the residue by opening up the pores. You can steam your face once or twice a week. You will definitely see a difference once you start doing this every week. If you apply makeup quite often, this is a must try step for you because makeup can clog your pores so you need to clear your pores. Wash your face with the cold water later on. It will close your pores.
- Stop using the cleanser in the morning: Are you suffering from oily skin and you always feel like your skin is cracking up and you feel the urge to wash your face as soon as you wake up. Don’t do that. Always wash your face at night and in the morning wash your face with cold water. Use cold (normal water) through out the year. If you want a soft supple skin because our skin tends to dry out in the winters, you can apply some honey for atleast 15 minutes and then wash your face with the cold water. Don’t use harsh cleansers in the morning. You will dry out your skin and make it all the more worse because your skin will produce more oil.
- Avoid sugar and diary in your diet: This is such an important tip. We usually know that sugar is not good for us but we still crave for it specially in winters. Sugar increases your insulin level which is so bad for your skin because it can cause breakouts. You don’t want to make it worse by consuming sugar and diary. Milk is not that good for your skin. Oh yeah, mommy tells this all the time that you need calcium but the milk contains other animal hormones which is equally bad for your skin if you are a lactose intolerant. I do consume milk but only once or twice in a week to make my coffee. I have noticed a big change after I stopped consuming milk. You can consume yogurt, fruits and nuts.
- Look after your bad habits: No matter how healthy you eat but if you are not giving up on your bad habits, you will loose it anyway. Quit smoking. Say no to alcohol. If you are doing it once a week, it is allright but make sure not to over do it because it will show up on your skin the next day. Don’t opt for cold drinks and sodas instead go for the water. This way, you make sure that you are consuming water and stay hydrated. Alcohol dehydrates your body and can make your skin look dull and lifeless.
- The simple you go, the better it shows: You don’t have to buy expensive products. You don’t have to go crazy about it, just follow a simple yet effective skin ritual every day. Give atleast 20 minutes to your skin everyday. It will pay you later on. Simply wash your face with cold water in the morning and then at night cleanse your face with an effective cleanser and apply a non comodogenic moisturizer that won’t clog your pores. Just few simple steps, nothing so fancy. You will notice how these small changes can bring a big difference in your skin.
- Clean diet is the most important factor: The cleaner you are inside, the clearer you will look outside. A clean diet is so important. Skin is the largest organ on the body and whatever toxins are their inside your body flushes out from your skin. Shouldn’t you take care of your skin the most? Eat green veggies, juices, fruits and nuts. The better you take care of your skin now, the more you will see later on.
- Get 20 minutes of sun daily: It will complete the deficiency of Vitamin D in your body. I don’t know why most of us follow this myth that sun is bad for our skin. How lucky we are that we are living in a country where we get sufficient sunlight. Sitting for long in the sun can give you the adverse effects but you need some sun for a healthy glowing skin.
- Use coconut oil as a body lotion: Coconut has a great skin protection ability. I don’t use body lotions in winters because my skin needs extra moisture and I use coconut oil after I take a hot shower.
- Dark circles are stubborn: We all get these dark circles because of the lifestyle we are living. I tried everything from green tea bags to potatoes. They use to create a difference for a very short period of time and I was looking for a long term effect. I started using vitamin E capsules. Just apply the gel under your eyes. Do not apply much as it tends to stick and you will feel uncomfortable. Start using this daily for at least 2 weeks. This will lighten those circles.
- Calm down your expectations: I am telling you to do this because I want you to listen to the reality that we all have different skin and it’s beautiful. You might face hormonal problems but we all do that at some point in our life and if you want a clear skin, you have to stay calm and just keep on following a regimen. Genetics is a huge part of how your skin looks. Do simple things and don’t buy bunch of products. Do not experiment everything if your skin is really sensitive. Use one product at a time and if you see a good change, continue using that because it’s your best bet.
- Facial massage: Massage your face in an upward direction to increase the blood circulation. Our face muscles become stiff and the skin on the face is very sensitive. Massage your face including under eye area very gently and this would help the skin care products that you are using to sulk in easily and the results are better. If you have an oily skin you can do that with fingers and if you have dry to normal skin, you can use coconut oil to massage your face.
- Skin care knowledge: It’s really really important. How will you start the treatment if you don’t know what’s the disease. You need to first of all know your skin type. Is it normal, dry, oily or combination skin? Only then you can take the measures and the skin products according to your skin type. You should have the knowledge about your skin because you will end up using the wrong products and it will make the situation more worse.
Click here to know: How to get rid of pimples and acne fast.
- When to apply the moisturiser: You know there is a right time to apply the moisturiser. Apply it when your skin is 80% dry. Do not apply it on wet skin because it will give you a dewy skin? It’s a myth! Apply it on semi dry skin and let your skin absorb it nicely. Only then can you rip the benefits.
- Dry lips best remedy: You can not cure dry lips in just one day. It takes at least 4-6 days. You can make them soft for a short span of time using the lip balm but you need to eliminate the chapped skin once for all. Use sugar and honey. Mix them well and exfoliate your lips gently. You will see the desired results in no time.
- Fuller denser eyelashes: I don’t like false eyelashes. Just not my thing but you can not ignore the fact that they look very pretty and make your eyes look bigger. You can do it naturally at home. Just add few drops of castor oil in your mascara bottle and then apply it. Don’t put much otherwise it can get clumsy.
- Good sleep: This makes all the difference. You just can’t miss these basic steps. You need to sleep for atleast 7-8 hours. This really does show on our face. Never ever compromise with the sleep!
- Clean your cell phone: I can’t stress on this more. I always hold my phone on my right side and what I started noticing was the breakouts on the same side of my face. You have no idea how dirty your phone gets. Make sure to clean your phone with a wipe or you can also use earphones.
- Change your pillow cover: You sleep on your pillow and your face comes in direct contact with the germs on the pillow. Wash your pillow cover often and use a satin pillow instead of a cotton pillow cover.
- Use SPF: Older women who look graceful always keep telling to use sunscreen. to minimise ageing. Sunscreen has a lot of benefits. Visit the dermatologist and ask them for the best brand suitable for your skin type.
- Happy girls are the prettiest: You know right? A happy soul creates all the difference. If you are happy inside, it shows outside. No matter what, always stay happy. Know your worth. Do not get sad for the sad people. Do not take life seriously. You will get happier eventually. There is no one above you and learn the art of self love. You will always glow!
These were the 20 best winter beauty tips for a bright and glowing skin.
I literally swear by each tip and have personally noticed a great change on my skin. Do not panic about the breakouts, they will leave you one day. Till then eat good, stay hydrated, stay away from the junk and keep yourself happy every day.
Want glowing and beautiful skin naturally, these posts might be helpful for you. 🙂